Needing some R&R after getting back into the daily routine after the holidays? Turn your bedroom into a comforting personal retreat. The colors you use throughout your house should reflect the mood you want to promote in each room. In your bedroom, it’s particularly important to maintain a sense of restfulness, especially if you have difficulty relaxing or sleeping.
Certain colors promote greater relaxation, leading to a more restful night’s sleep. There are a few elements of interior paint that can help calm your mind…
- Milder colors help promote tranquility. Bright colors can trigger the same mental sensations as a cluttered room.
- Limiting the color palette keeps things uniform and doesn’t create excess stimulation of the brain.
- Using satin or eggshell finishes creates a softer, warmer feel in your bedroom, and is easier on the eyes than glossy alternatives.
Picking a Palette
Curious about the color palette that has been known to create the most relaxing environment? The winner is blue-gray which is a cool and soothing natural choice for your bedroom. Other colors that work are lavenders, light greys, and greens. See below for a few reasons these colors work so well…
- These shades absorb light, rather than reflect it – making them easier on the eyes, helping you to unwind.
- These are light shades of a dark color family. This keeps the room feeling cozy without causing any reaction in the brain, like reds (associated with warning or danger) and yellows (associated with action and awareness).
- Green is also a great choice because it has elements of both warm and cool and a large variety of tints to choose from. It also pairs well with a lot of different design styles.
If you’re thinking about painting any interior spaces of your home this year, Color World Paintingis well-equipped to do the job right. Our color experts are committed to bringing you a beautiful Color World quality paint job or other service that is clean, on time, and on budget. Call us at (614) 698-1125 or request a free estimate online today!